Freshouse is committed to food safety.
- In-house, full time, certified food safety personnel.
- An on-going commitment to food safety education. Each employee is trained and re-trained on our food safety policies and procedures to help establish a culture of food safety.
- An environmental testing and monitoring program. In order to verify sanitation procedures, a robust environmental monitoring program has been implemented and established. Samples from food contact and non-food contact surfaces are collected from the Clean Room on a monthly basis and sent to an A2LA certified laboratory for analysis. In addition to this, ATP swabs are analyzed in-house, on a weekly basis, which allows for instant sanitation verification.
- An established HACCP plan for each packing department. Each department has its own unique Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan. A HACCP team comprised of members of management meets on a monthly basis, to ensure all HACCP plans are being followed and to share any new information.
- A Food Security and Defense program. In accordance with the FDA and FSIS, a Food Security and Defense program has been established to ensure the safety and security of our product at all stages of production. Each member of management receives food security training.
- Third party audits. Freshouse Produce currently contracts PrimusGFS for third party auditing services. PrimusGFS is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized audit scheme for the certification of produce sector products.
- Each lot is tagged at the farm level and tracked by our Produce Pro system. From the ground packing to storage, delivery and warehousing, to the store level.
- All Fresh from the Start and private label packaging processed on-site and is labeled with a traceability number and recorded.
- During the food safety audit, recall information is provided. A traceability exercise and mock recall is mandatory for the audit.